My Cricket Bat refurbishment?
My No:2 Bat a Willostix Anaconda Grade 1 – was sent off to Gray Nicolls to take advantage of their excellent Refurbishment Service.
Bat returned almost like new, even a new Gray Nicolls oval handle as the original was cracked.
You can box it and sent to them or you request a collect and return (currently an additional £15)
I did request no stickers – and I even included my own stickers – but this did not get to the bat. As Your Can See “Not made by GN stickers” are on the bat.
Total cost of the repair including the £15 courier £15 New Handle was £67.99. The Blade of this my No:2 bat was still good so this refurbishment was great value.
Gray Nicolls comprehensive range of services include:
- Secure courier collect and return service (or send in yourself if preferred)
- Detailed upfront pricing structure
- Cost saving combined services
- Customisable finish (grips, labels and protective fittings)
- Examine and quote option if unsure of requirements
- All work applied by the same skilled hands that make and repair bats for the world’s leading players
Gray Nicolls only use their own managed and harvested Willow from England, in short English Willow!!
Gray Nicolls – http://gray-nicolls.co.uk/BatRepair.aspx
Willostix – http://www.willostix.co.uk/product/cricket-bats/senior-anaconda-cricket-bat/ No longer available to buy at Willostix.
GN – Gray Nicolls are Paul’s Preferred Bat Supplier.
In June 2016 I was lucky enough to attend GN Robertsbridge, and pick my own. This will become by No: 1 bat in 2017
Not hand made by the GN Bat Maker – Chris – he only does professional cricketers, still hand made by Gray Nicolls though.
this page was last reviewed ad updated 28 November 2016