- This event has passed.
Coach Support Worker Course
9 Dec 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£60.00
This course is designed to help develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to assist a qualified coach in a coaching session and create a safe, enjoyable and welcoming player-centred environment.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals wishing to assist under the direct supervision of ECB qualified coaches in the delivery of high quality practical cricket coaching sessions within a club environment.
- Attend a 6 hour workshop
- Safeguarding Young Cricketers – an online module which is an aspect of the course.
Pre-Requisites for Certification
- Aged 16 years at least to begin the course.
- Current cricket specific DBS
What can you expect on the cricket coach support worker course?
Over the duration of the course, you will explore the following questions:
- What is the role of a coach support worker?
- How can I ensure that cricket sessions are safe?
- How do I prepare players for cricket sessions?
- What are the different types of practice?
- How can I adapt a coaching session depending on the practice type and the ability of the players?
- How do I deal with poor behaviour?
- How do I create an environment where children want to return?
2019 Courses :
|Venue||Date and Time||Availability|
|Downsend School, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8TJ||Sunday 9th December 2018 – 9:30am-4:30pm||Book Here|
|Dunottar School, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7EL||Sunday 13th January 2019 – 9:30am-4:30pm||Book Here|
|St Peter’s School, Guildford, Surrey GU1 2TN||Sunday 7th April 2019 – 9:30am-4:30pm||Book Here|
this page was last reviewed and updated 11 October 2018